Monday, April 23, 2012

Ye Fond Kiss to a bottle of Grant's Whisky






I sent a book written by Shelby Foote about the Civil War over to Scotland, to someone who had become a dear friend.  In return he sent me a bottle of Grant's Whisky.  It is pure Heaven.  I have enjoyed my drams from the bottle that I selfishly will Not share with anyone.   But as a Thank you note,   and inspired by Robert Burns and Albannach,  I wrote a Thank you poem in form of a Robert Burns poem "A Fond Kiss"

Ye Fond Kiss to a bottle of Grant's Whisky

Ye Fond Kiss of your Amber Treasure,

Its your kiss, I drink at my leisure!

Smooth your waters, it takes my fancy,

Makes my heart do a double-dancy!


Ye fond kiss, so much I treasure,

I drink your waters with sighing pleasure.

With sighs and groans, I must express thee,

You’re the light of love that blinds me!


And If I ever dropped your bottle,

Smashed into the ground full-throttle!

Then forever, we would be parted,

And I would be so broken hearted!


Fare-thee-weel, I would say my dearest,

Ye were always the best and clearest!

Ye fond kiss would then be severed

Your Amber kiss, will be lost forever.


With heart felt tears, my dear, I pledge thee,

Across the sea, I will go to find ye,

Search the hills for your amber liquids

My soul mates yours ‘til I am limpid

  -   I apologize to Robert Burns for stealing your idea, words, and style.   I offer additional credit to Jacquie of Albannach.  Listening to you for at least an hour helped me.      -  April 22,  2012

No comments:

Post a Comment